Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Response to my Birthday Roast: February 23, 2005

Response to Rep. Richard Foster (Nome), roast of me on my birthday, February 23, 2005.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Speaker:

I want to thank the Representative from Nome. The opportunity to hear his birthday resumes, year after year, his one of the reasons why we all try to get re-elected. Trust me when I say that – after all, if you can’t trust a politician, whom can you trust?

Well, I’m very happy to be here celebrate my 72nd birthday – at my age I’m very happy to be anywhere, and getting older sure beats the alternative.

I many things to be thankful for: 6 kids, 17 grandkids, and one great-grandchild. And speaking of kids, I checked it out again this year: There are 40 members in this chamber, and I’m old enough to be the parent of 19 of you – but in the spirit of full disclosure, I’m happy to report, and you’ll be happy to know, I’m not – I repeat not – related to any of you. My wife will also be happy to know that.

There’s two really nice things about being old enough to be a grandparent. I have the great pleasure of hearing my kids complain about the behavior of their children –and revenge is sweet. Their kids are doing the same to them, as my kids did to me.

The other nice thing about being older, as that get I carded in the capitol building, and I get geezer discounts everyplace I go, and I have a “geezer card” so I don’t pay a sales tax in Juneau.
Well thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday, and God Bless all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter