Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Thursday, September 08, 2005

IF ONE IS GOOD, TWO IS BETTER

In August, I had the cataract in my right eye replaced with new lens I could actually see through. Today my left eye also received a new lens, to replace its cataract and, again, the results are amazing.

Sight of any kind is a wonderful Gift from God. Modern medicine and eye surgery, and the skill of ophthalmologist eye surgeons like Dr. Ford, is also a Gift. Cataract surgery and aftercare has been the subject of considerable debate in legislative committees. I can now bring personal experience to that debate.

This afternoon Marlene and I, and my son Bob, celebrated my two new good eyes with a scenic trip to Upper Summit Lake, Seward, Exit Glacier, and Cooper Landing to show my daughter-in-law Jiangping Li. It was a great photo opportunity (see my photos on my legislative website). She likes doing scenic photography as much as I do. Nothing beats the Kenai Penisula for a good camera and eyes without cataracts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter