Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Saturday, July 29, 2006

MY SPECIAL KIND OF DAY



My son and daughter-in-law John and Ann Lynn, and grandkids Simon and Ethan, are in Anchorage from Indiana helping my wife Marlene during her recovery from her shoulder operation while I’m in the legislative Special Session.

I got to come home for a weekend short visit. Not only that, I took my kids for their very first gold prospecting experience at Crow Creek near Girdwood. We found some gold flecks - but we still have to keep our day jobs. But what a thrill to share some Alaska adventure with my young’uns. And then . . .

We went trout fishing at Jewell Lake in Anchorage, and my grandkids caught their very first fish!! Today was, in a manner of speaking, “My Kind of Day!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter