Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Sunday, March 18, 2007

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT! (Only kidding)

According to Yahoo News, Scientists have uncovered the first concrete evidence that playing music can significantly enhance the brain . . . Furthermore, an article in the April issue of the journal Nature Neuroscience claims, "We think music engages higher level functions in the cortex that actually tune the brainstem." I don’t make stuff up.

As a matter of full legislative disclosure I took saxophone lessons beginning in the 5th grade, played in my Garfield High East Los Angeles Bulldog Band, my first military assignment was as a bandsman with the base band at Williams AFB, Arizona, and played in an “oompah-pah” band as well as the Anchorage Concert Band not very long ago. I rest my case.

However, whatever the connect between music and the brain, I’m advised to keep my day job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter