Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY 2007













Independence Day 2007: I confess. I love a parade, and I’m a flag waver.

Today’s 4th of July Anchorage parade was especially special for me: my son John Lynn– new to Alaska last year - drove our Crossfire parade car (a loaner), and next to me in the car were 2/18th of my grandkids, Simon Kenith and Ethan Andrew. We had “The Air Force Song” blasting forth from the car CD player - I’m retired US Air Force. Watching the parade (only because they couldn’t fit into the parade sports car) were my daughter Mary Lynn and my grandson Holden Michael, who became new Alaskans on June 14th. Photo (L to R) Simon, Ethan, proud "Opa," Holden. Son John took the pictures.

We thought might “rain on our parade,” but the weather cooperated. Next to us in the parade were my comrades from the Vietnam Veterans of America - and I proudly wore their cap. In the legislature, I’m a Member of the Joint Armed Services Committee.

God Bless our troops. God Bless America. Happy Fourth of July!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter