Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Thursday, November 01, 2007

BOB AND JIANGPING


My son Bob Lynn Jr. has served the last two years with the Foreign Service at the US Embassy at Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. His new assignment is the US Embassy at Vientiane, Laos (that’s not too distant from where I was stationed at Udorn, Thailand in 1973). Bob and my daughter-in-law Jiangping Li Lynn visited with us recently in Anchorage, between Foreign Service assignments. What a joy!

So far, Bob has served his country with the Foreign Service in Washington DC, Zaire, Togo, Chad, Turkmenistan, Venezuela, the Georgia Republic, Mongolia – plus temporary duty all over the planet to places no one has ever heard of – and now Laos. Before Bob’s embassy service, he did radio work for Motorola in Germany and Italy, and before that was a locksmith in California (which some claim is also a foreign country). Whatever, I’ve learned a lot of geographical place names since Bob started his career.

Like all of our children, his mom and I are very very proud of Bob. His work at the embassy involves radio and telephone communications, computers, and other esoteric gizmos about which I have no clue and probably shouldn't. He certainly didn’t inherit his considerable skill of managing invisible electrons and racing radio waves through the atmosphere from me.

For the first time, Marlene and I had three of our children – Bob, John, Mary - (that’s half) with us for an extended period in Alaska. It was beyond wonderful. Among other good deeds, Bob helped me get my ailing home computer back in a semblance of order. Jianping treated us to “real” Chinese food. She also shares my passion for photography, and we did some “photo shoots” together around the Anchorage Bowl. It was a great family visit – but the time together was way too short.

PS: Bob told me that with his name he could campaign for my legislative seat, and use my yard signs. I gave him a fatherly “no way.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter