Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Friday, August 29, 2008

SARAH PICKED FOR VP BY MC CAIN!

Early morning August 29th my phone rang . It was my staffer Mike Sica. “Turn on your TV,” he said. “Sarah Palin has been selected as his Vice-Presidential running mate by John McCain!” Wow!

I’d thought for several months that Sarah would be an inspired choice for the Republican VP candidate, but thought it wouldn't happen because Alaska has only three electoral votes – but then Senator Biden from Delaware on the Democrat only has four electoral votes.

Within minutes I started receiving call after call from friends Outside. “What can you tell about Sarah Palin?” everyone asked. My answer to the callers was pretty much the same as my response to the moderator on the KAKM “Running Debate” when he asked, “What kind of marks do you give Governor Palin?”

The record shows my verbatim answer to that question was, “I give her a double A+. I think she is a breath of fresh air – I think she’s the right person at the right time. I think she is a 'can do' person. I think she has done what other governor’s have been unable to do – the gas pipeline – AGIA is a good example of that and I’m very pleased . . . she’s done a good job – the person we need at the right time. Do the times make the people, or the people make the times, I don’t know - but she’s a darn good governor.”

I likewise believe Sarah would make a “darn good” Vice-President of the United States.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter