Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Monday, May 11, 2009

PASSWORDS

I’m about “up to here” with passwords.  Passwords are required for my legislative computer (I don’t care who sees what I write). Then our computer department genies change the passwords every so often for security. The only people this keeps out of my computer is me. But it’s good for the blood pressure medicine industry. 

There’s a plethora of passwords in my life. Passwords are required for my checking and savings accounts (I do care about that). Passwords are needed for Facebook, Flicker, Twitter, the Base Exchange on-line store, for Ancestry.com and my Blog. Passwords are needed for other accounts I’ve probably forgotten about. It’s difficult to keep all the passwords straight, and still be able to think great legislative thoughts. Of course, there are hints for the passwords - but it’s onerous trying to remember which hint goes with which password. Of course, I dasn’t write any of the passwords down. The fact of the matter is, if I did write the passwords down, I probably wouldn’t be able to find them anyway. Only the burglar would be able to find them. 


I just spent 45 minutes of my increasingly limited lifespan with a password retriever woman in Dallas, trying to help me get into one of my password required thingies. After getting through the voice recognition telephone menu (prime topic for another bitchy blog), she also had trouble getting the password to work properly. Nice lady, but talking to her (with periods of being on hold sans music) for 45 minutes hadn’t been on today’s agenda. 


I voted against capital punishment in the House Judiciary Committee. But for anyone who continues messing up my life with password excesses, and telephone voice recognition menus, I might make an exception. Can everyone understand that - without a password? 


  

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, I know the feeling my friend. If you use Mozilla, there's a program called "Last Pass" you will find useful. I know I do.

Keep the faith brother

First Alaska Man

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter