Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Thursday, November 03, 2005

SMALL WORLD

Today I toured Bowman Elementary School. The school hosts an impressive educational environment, and good education is happening there. I can speak from experience. I can also tell you it's a "small world."

I retired from public school teaching in California, to teach in Alaska. I was interviewed in Anchorage by Mr. Darrell Vincek and subsequently hired to teach special education at Romig Junior High. By happenstance, I didn’t see Mr. Vincek after that interview. Later, I was elected to the Alaska House of Representatives, from District 31 in South Anchorage.

This last legislative session, I was able to obtain some additional state funding for Bowman Elementary School in our district for computers, supplies, and especially to redesign the school parking lot to make it safer for children entering and leaving school. Imagine my surprise, to learn that the principal of Bowman School is the Darrell Vincek who helped me obtain my first job in Alaska, and that he also a constitutient.

I sent my Dirk Moffatt, my Anchorage staff assistant, to the school to get information about what needs to be done to the parking lot to make it less dangerous. It turns out that Darrell Vincek was Dirk Moffatt’s science teacher in years past!

I think Alaska must be the world’s largest small town!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter