Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS?

Yesterday was “World Toilet Day.” If it hadn’t been for Fox News, I wouldn’t have known anything about it. How could I have been so inattentive to current events? Hopefully I didn’t miss a Toilet Day Parade.

I researched this matter on Wikipedia (inquiring minds want to know). I learned a group of fifteen people organized the World Toilet Organization (WTO), and conducted a Toilet Summit in 2001. A toilet summit?? That must be a site (or “sight” - either way works) to behold. The WTO designed November 19th each year as “Toilet Day.” Maybe they made this decision while sitting on the summit. I have an urge to continue writing, but prudence tells me to end this blog now.

But before some uptight blog respondent takes me to task for frivolity on a serious subject, please let me add I’m well aware lack of proper toilet facilities exposes millions of good people throughout the world to deadly diseases - and that’s not funny at all. In our affluence we really do take too much for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter