Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Sunday, August 30, 2009

56 YEARS AND COUNTING



















Today is Marlene and my 56th Wedding Anniversary. I met Marlene on a blind date (she was "blind." I wasn't) in October 1952 when I was going through Air Force Cadets flying school at Malden Air Base, Missouri. She lived in Dexter, seventeen miles away. We were engaged on June 16th, 1953 at Big Springs,Texas - the evening after she pinned on my Air Force wings at cadet graduation at Webb Air Force Base.

On a Sunday August 30th, Marlene and I were married at Valdosta, Georgia the day before I soloed the F94C at Moody Air Force Base. The wedding took place after a regular church service. The wedding guests were whoever remained in the church after the service, plus Marlene's mom, plus my best man from the base - whose name I don't even remember. I thought I had taken some great wedding photos with my little Argus C3 camera. Unfortunately, there was no film in the camera. But the photos would have been good.

We've had a great life together. When we were married, I was 20. She was 19. We are somewhat older now. Marlene is not only the "Speaker of the House," but also a great wife!

The"then" photo shows Marlene and I (when I had hair) a month or so after our marriage. The "now" photo shows us at a picnic at McHugh Creek after a picnic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Happy Anniversary! May you and Marlene have many more happy years together. Thanks for being an example of an enduring marriage.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for being a fine example of what marriage is really all about. May God bless you both and may He give you many more years together. -Hunter L. Wainscott

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter