Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

THANK YOU


Today I was sworn in for my third term in the Alaska Legislature (as some of my colleagues say, legislators can get “sworn in” one day and “sworn at” the next!). The photos show me signing my Oath of Office before our new Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell, my wife Marlene Wagner Lynn, Chief of Staff Nancy Manly, and staffers Dirk Moffatt and Mike Sica.

Of course I’m proud to be elected. I wouldn’t be normal if I wasn’t. But being sworn in as an elected representative of the people is, or should be, a humbling experience. It’s not the legislator that’s important. It’s the elective office that’s important. The relationship between elected officials and the folks who elect them to office should be “trust,” whether or not someone agrees with particular votes.

Please know how grateful and appreciative I am of the support I’ve received as Alaska District 31 State House Representative during the last four years - whether the support has been your vote of confidence at election time, kind words, smile, prayers, or your understanding that sometimes I’m required to cast tough votes on controversial issues. Thank you!

It’s an honor and privilege to serve you. I will continue trying to do my best to meet your expectations of a good legislator. Remember the bumper sticker, “Lord, help me be the person my dog thinks I am.” Well, I could say, “Lord, help me be the good representative at least some of my constituents think I am.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter