Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

WHAT'S INTERESTING AND IMPORTANT?

I had a nice email from someone who enjoys reading the same military email list as me. He wrote, “I made it a habit not to talk politics nor religion with friend nor foe.”

I think he must very shy, and lead a very boring life. Speaking for myself, there’s hardly anything more interesting (or important) than talking “politics and religion”!

1 Comments:

Blogger Philip Munger said...

Dear Rep. Lynn,

I discovered your April 27, 2004 blog entry about my work, The Skies Are Weeping, last weekend. Until then, I hadn't known you had either made a speech on the Alaska House floor denouncing me, or had purported to do so.

I respect you for the courage of your convictions in this matter at that time. But my music, which you characterize so negatively in your entry/speech, was presented by Jewish peace activists in London just over two years ago. The reaction was very positive.

I've since turned down offers for performance elsewhere because the experience of performing this work is incredibly taxing and painful to me. One of the performance offers has been from a group of activists in Tel Aviv.

I recorded the London performance. Would you like me to send or deliver a copy? Would you like to talk about your inaccurate 2004 statements about my art with me sometime.

Other than your stance on this music and a few other things, I have a lot of respect for your ability to have kept away from the culture of corruption which has slimed our legislature recently.

regards...

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter