Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Friday, April 18, 2008

BRINGING MY STUFF HOME FROM JUNEAU

Our legislative session ended Sunday April 13th. On Monday the 14th, I planned some of next year's agenda with staff, including potential 2009 legislation. On the same day, I packed my "stuff" from the Driftwood Lodge Motel (where I stay in Juneau during the session) into my big Chevy Suburban (a non-"green" vehicle, if there ever was one) to be put on the ferry at Auke Bay near Juneau on the 16th. I flew home on the 15th, and put my income taxes in the mail that night (I wasn't alone. There was a line at the post office).

On Friday the 18th I rode in the legislative van down from Anchorage to Whittier, along with other legislators and staff, to pick my car with all my personal goodies in it (including the computer I'm using right now).

Enroute back to Anchorage, I drove through the 2.5 mile long Whittier Tunnel - officially the "Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel," and officially the longest highway tunnel in North America. Of course I went through the tunnel! It's the only way to drive out of Whittier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter