Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Friday, April 11, 2008

MY VALKYRIE FRIEND

Today I made friends with a Valkyrie named Emilie. Wow! We met first in the House gallery, then again on the capitol steps in Juneau. Sometimes its tough being a legislator, but someone has to do it.

In Norse mythology, a Valkyrie is a female deity who chooses the most heroic of men who have died in battle and carries them off to Valhalla. Well, I’ve been in some battles, but I ain’t dead yet – no way, no how. The Valkrie plainly could see I'm ready and able for battles to come, so she didn’t even bother to take my pulse. Valhalla will have to wait.

My Valkyrie friend is Emilie Sperl from Petersburg, Alaska. Next time I have to confront someone who didn’t like one of my votes, I’ll take her with me. Emilie was in Juneau to promote the Norway Festival to be held mid-May in Petersburg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter