Blogs by Rep Bob Lynn

Blog site of Representative Bob Lynn, Alaska House of Representatives,District 31 Anchorage, Alaska. Blogs consist of public comments during legislative sessions, speeches, political commentary, as well as personal observations, and some journal type entries. Comments are invited.

Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Member of the Alaska State House of Represeentatives since 2003. US Air Force, Retired; military bandsman; F94C interceptor pilot; Vietnam service as radar controller (Monkey Mountain), radar site commander(Pleiku); Government Contract Management; Public school Teacher, Retired. Married 55 years to Marlene Wagner Lynn, 6 children, 20 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. Member St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church. Former Tucson Arizona policeman, Ambulance Driver and Mortician's Assistant, Realtor (currently on referral status).

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

AREN'T YOU GLAD?

Thank you for voting. Whoever you voted for. But aren’t you glad the 2010 elections are over (well almost)? I am.

I’ve watched a lot of elections (when I was in the military), been involved in a lot of elections, and have been a candidate more than once. But the election of 2010 has been “something else.” The hard fought US Senate race (or should I say “races”) sucked the oxygen out of every other candidate’s race in Alaska.

If you weren’t running for US Senate, or maybe for governor, your campaign material got lost in the mailbox among flyers from the “big guy’s.” I sent out a nifty mailer for my campaign (I always send one to myself, so I can when it’s delivered to everyone else). My flyer was one of five full-page campaign mailers stuffed in my mailbox. I almost missed finding my own flyer. One can only hope the 2010 campaigns will help get the US Postal Service out of debt.

Furthermore, this campaign season saw more name-calling, misrepresentations, outright lies and, worse, character assassination than any election in my memory. Problem is, no one perfect filed for any office – because there are no perfect people.

It’s a miracle opposition researchers didn’t discover that I got in trouble in the first grade for chewing gum.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Carley Hunt said...

Loveed reading this thanks

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter